How well did you
listen in geography class when you were in school? In honor of
Hispanic Heritage Month, let's test your geography knowledge for
five Latin American countries ― Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala,
Honduras, and Nicaragua that celebrate their independence on
September 15th. In addition, Mexico declared its independence on
September 16, and Chile and Belize on September 18. You will find
your answers at the bottom ― but no peaking until you finish the
- What is the capital of Chile?
- The Caribbean island of Roatan is part of what country?
- What country is the world's largest exporter of live
- Tenochtitlán was the ancient Aztec name for what city?
- What is largest country in Central America?
- Where is the ancient Mayan Temple of the Jaguar?
- Sian Ka'an, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is located is what
- What two countries border Costa Rica?
- Once called British Honduras, what is this Central American now
- The phrase "pura vida" often refers to what country?
- What city in Guatemala is nestled between three volcanoes:
Agua, Fuego and Acatenango?
- The southernmost point of mainland South America, Cape Froward,
is in what country?
How did you do? Need a little refresher course? What better way
to do so, than to browse the Produce
Department and International Aisles
of Fiesta Mart and learn more
about the products that come from these countries. Our stores carry
foods from all over the world, especially from Central and South
America. Look for the store nearest you and
stop by your local Fiesta Mart today!
Answers: Santiago, Honduras, El Salvador, Mexico City,
Nicaragua, Guatemala, Mexico, Nicaragua and Panama, Belize, Costa
Rica, Antigua, Chile.